Due to the situation related to the pandemic outbreak and spreading of the Covid-19 viral infection all over the world, the EPNM-2020 Organizing Committee had to make the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Symposium.
We all greatly appreciate the opportunity for the contacts, exchanges, and meetings in person and hope very much that in two years the pandemic situation will improve significantly, and we will be able to meet again at the EPNM-2022 Symposium in Freiberg, Germany.
We want to thank the local part of the EPNM-2020 Organizing Committee - our colleagues and friends from the Beijing Institute of Technology - under the leadership of Professor Pengwan Chen, who did a great job in organizing and preparing for the XV EPNM Symposium in Beijing in the spring of 2020. However, life made its own unexpected and unpredictable adjustments.
More exact dates and details of the next symposium will be announced as soon as the pandemic situation stabilizes.
The Organizing Committee apologizes for any inconvenience.
We are looking forward to seeing you all in 2024 in Germany.
The Symposium is a forum for scientists, engineers and production managers active in the field of rapid processes and phenomena accompanying shock/detonation-assisted synthesis, combustion synthesis, shock-assisted modification of materials, explosive strengthening and welding of metals, and explosion-mediated consolidation of powders and composite materials for industrial-scale implementations
- Merzhanov Institute of Structural Macrokinetics and Materials Science, Russian Academy of Sciences (ISMAN), Chernogolovka, Russia
- Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, China
The Symposium is carried out under the aegis and support of
- The Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation
- Department of Chemistry and Materials Science, Russian Academy of Sciences
- Explosive welding of metals and alloys
- Consolidation of powders and composite materials by shock processing
- Synthesis of new materials by shock and detonation waves
- Explosive and modified shock processing of materials
- Scaling and industrial implementation of materials production/processing by explosion, service parameters
- Numerical simulation of explosive welding and impact consolidation
- Service parameters of clad metals, new approaches of the formation of layered composites
- Combustion, Self-propagating High-temperature Synthesis (SHS) as an alternative energy-saving production technology of metals, ceramics and composite materials
- Experimental methods for investigation of detonation, combustion and dynamic behavior of materials at high strain rates
- High-speed physicochemical processes in related fields (laser peening (LP), laser shock peening (LSP) etc.)
English is the official language of the Symposium