Dear colleagues, who planned their participation in the work of the EPNM-2020 symposium,
due to the concern regarding the coronavirus outbreak, the EPNM-2020 symposium has been postponed to September - October 2020.
We will notify you when the updated timelines become available.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
The Symposium is a forum for scientists, engineers and production managers active in the field of rapid processes and phenomena accompanying shock/detonation-assisted synthesis, combustion synthesis, shock-assisted modification of materials, explosive strengthening and welding of metals, and explosion-mediated consolidation of powders and composite materials for industrial-scale implementations
- Merzhanov Institute of Structural Macrokinetics and Materials Science, Russian Academy of Sciences (ISMAN), Chernogolovka, Russia
- Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, China
The Symposium is carried out under the aegis and support of
- The Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation
- Department of Chemistry and Materials Science, Russian Academy of Sciences
- Explosive welding of metals and alloys
- Consolidation of powders and composite materials by shock processing
- Synthesis of new materials by shock and detonation waves
- Explosive and modified shock processing of materials
- Scaling and industrial implementation of materials production/processing by explosion, service parameters
- Numerical simulation of explosive welding and impact consolidation
- Service parameters of clad metals, new approaches of the formation of layered composites
- Combustion, Self-propagating High-temperature Synthesis (SHS) as an alternative energy-saving production technology of metals, ceramics and composite materials
- Experimental methods for investigation of detonation, combustion and dynamic behavior of materials at high strain rates
- High-speed physicochemical processes in related fields (laser peening (LP), laser shock peening (LSP) etc.)
English is the official language of the Symposium